Re: Some debconf questions

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> schrieb:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>> - If I set a debconf question's seen flag to "false" with db_fset, it
>>   will still be set to "true" again if the question is then asked to the
>>   user - no need to revert manually? I would be very surprised if this
>>   wasn't so, but someone else was in doubt.
> That's correct.

Just for the archive:

It isn't, or rather Joey has misunderstood me - he probably knows every
piece of code by heart. Thanks to his help in an other thread, I
have now setup a debconf testing environment (that would have saved me
asking in the first place). Here's the outcome:

frank@alhambra:~$ cat bin/testing/debconftest

. /usr/share/debconf/confmodule

db_fset test/blubb seen false

db_input medium test/blubb

db_fget test/blubb seen
echo "Seen (after seeing in fact): $RET"

db_fset test/blubb seen true
db_fget test/blubb seen
echo "Seen (after setting): $RET"
frank@alhambra:~$ bin/testing/debconftest

  1. foo  2. bar  3. baz
:-) blubb [1] 2

Seen (after seeing in fact): false
Seen (after setting): true

i.e after manipulating the seen flag to false, it is _not_ changed by
debconf when it in fact shows the questions - the script has to manually
revert its manipulation.

Bye, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie