Re: [OT] A question for programmers - Inspiration

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 02:23:30PM -0500, Matthew Danish wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 08:14:26PM +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > On 20030321T123756-0500, Matthew Danish wrote:
> > > Neither of the programming books I recommended restrict themselves to
> > > the theory.
> >
> > Reading books is theory, regardless of what they cover.
>
> Indeed, I am recommending learning some theory.  Do you consider
> exercises in programming to be merely theory, as well, though?  Your
> statement, as is, is absolute nonsense.  I am assuming the existence of
> initiative in the reader.

This reminds me of a very good book that is now out of print
"Etudes for Programmers" by Charles Wetherell.  I can't find it online.
And, as the only copy I ever saw was a oversize trade paperback, it may
be hard to get a copy of.  A good academic library might have it,
though.

Jim Penny