Re: j2sdk build-depends cannot be satisfied?

> gcj is supposed to come with a working jni implementation and comes with
> gij (GNU Interpreter for Java) for interpreting bytecode. What exactly
> doesn't work with gcj? Could you please file a bug report?
> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html
> That way we at least know about the issue.
>
> Also Kaffe, Kissme and SableVM (all part of Debian now) should be able
> to run java byte code and jni code.

Mark, I haven't tried to make this work in a while, I just recall that
when I put the package together in February or March, I could only make
the build work with the Blackdown package.  I'll see if I can get it to
work, and I'll file a bug report with more information if there are
problems.

KEN

--
Kenneth J. Pronovici <pronovic@ieee.org>