Re: CVS dir in package source

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> writes:

>> Also if he finally refuses this, should I repackage orig.tar.gz without CVS
>> dirs or should I leave them, as he has asked, in order to let also debian
>> people to try his "debugging method" (of course after an apt-get source,
>> at least...).
>
> I would remove them.

His "debugging method" may not build the package correctly, depending on
how much CVS HEAD deviates from the release tarball.  A Debian user
shouldn't really have to debug a package in this manner anyway.

That said, I think you should keep the source pristine and leave the CVS
dirs in.  They don't hurt anything; they're just an annoyance if you
wish to keep your packaging in a CVS repository yourself.

--
People said I was dumb, but I proved them!