Re: Sponsorship request: cupsys-pt

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 01:20:08AM +1000, Andrew Lau wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 07:26:44PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > please tell me why you needed to patch the config.guess and
> > config.sub thingy ? Could the plain upstream provided ones not do
> > the job ?
> > Friendly,
> >
> > Sven Luther
>
> 	After further testing, it seems like it is impossible to
> prevent the autoconf files from being regenerated at all without
> editing the configure script itself. Even pbuilder itself reruns the
> auto-tools before entering a chroot that does not have auto-tools in
> the Build-depends. I don't feel that I should be making unnecessary

No, it is not problem, it is just that as uploader, i was looking at the
diff.gz file, to make sure nothing wrong was with it.

> changes to the configure script in any case to disable this behaviour,
> and I don't feel that removing the config.[guess|sub] changes by hand
> from the diff.gz is the way to go either since the build process
> itself is updating the outdated files in the first place and it's not
> doing any harm. So have you uploaded cupsys-pt_1.0.2-1 yet? I haven't
> received any automated messages from master yet. Thanks.

Yes, i uploaded it to ftp-master, but as it is a new package, it needs
a new entry in the override file, and thus human intervention. It may
take a few days.

Friendly,

Sven Luther