Re: Multiple Binary and man pages

 jh> Marco Presi wrote:
 >> My  problem  is this:  for  the  two packeges  I  want  to have  two
 >> different  man  pages (in  fact  "server-enhanced"  has more  config
 >> options that "server") but it would nice if the man pages could have
 >> the same name ("server.conf.5")

 >> I don't know  how to resolve this, because in the  /debian dir I can
 >> put just one file named "server.conf.5"

 jh> Provided your packages conflict, you can make two files,
 jh> debian/server.conf.5 and debian/server-enhanced.conf.5. Make the latter
 jh> have the same .TH line at the top as does the former, something like
 jh> this:

 jh> .TH SERVER.CONF 5

 jh> And make dh_installman install one into one package, one into the other.
 jh> It will take care of naming them based on the .TH line, so the file
 jh> names used in your source package really don't matter.

Great!!

I like it very much :))

--
"..When the Mind is too open the Brain can drop to the ground.."
-- Piero Angela --