Re: Multiple Binary and man pages

Marco,

> My  problem  is this:  for  the  two packeges  I  want  to have  two
> different  man  pages (in  fact  "server-enhanced"  has more  config
> options that "server") but it would nice if the man pages could have
> the same name ("server.conf.5")

Actually the server program itself should have the same name in both
packages, so people can switch between the packages easily.

> I don't know  how to resolve this, because in the  /debian dir I can
> put just one file named "server.conf.5"

Hrm, the cleanest solution would be to send the manpages to the upstream
maintainer and have him edit the build scripts so that the correct
manpage gets installed.

> I  already  red  dh_installman  man  page, but  I  didn't  find  any
> suggestion to solve my problem.

Then do it by hand -- i.e. without debhelper. Give the file an arbitrary
name and copy it by hand (before the dh_installman call) to
debian/server-enhanced/usr/share/man/man5/server.conf.5

   Simon