Re: Multiple Binary and man pages

Marco Presi wrote:
> My  problem  is this:  for  the  two packeges  I  want  to have  two
> different  man  pages (in  fact  "server-enhanced"  has more  config
> options that "server") but it would nice if the man pages could have
> the same name ("server.conf.5")

> I don't know  how to resolve this, because in the  /debian dir I can
> put just one file named "server.conf.5"

Provided your packages conflict, you can make two files,
debian/server.conf.5 and debian/server-enhanced.conf.5. Make the latter
have the same .TH line at the top as does the former, something like
this:

.TH SERVER.CONF 5

And make dh_installman install one into one package, one into the other.
It will take care of naming them based on the .TH line, so the file
names used in your source package really don't matter.

--
see shy jo