Re: Use of the BTS for managing sponsorship

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 03:05:52PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> It's not a real concern anyway, since the BTS is not meant to contact
> someone directly but more to keep a record of what's going on.

It bothers me that if you e-mail the bug report you won't reach a
responsible person (either or both of the sponsoree or sponsor) but will
instead reach debian-mentors to which either may or may not be
subscribed.  I find the idea that mailing a bug reaches someone who's
responsible to be one of the more basic features of the BTS.  I've seen
quite a few occasions where people using the WNPP bugs have tripped
up over this so I don't think I'm the only one doing that.