Re: Use of the BTS for managing sponsorship

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 04:40:51PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> That's why I went away and requested what's necessary :
> http://bugs.debian.org/151949

> Unfortunately, Anthony Towns doesn't agree with me because some IRCers
> misinterpreted the last thread about it.

No, I'm pretty sure there were a number of concerns raised about using
the BTS for this.  The major issue that I saw raised was that the BTS is
very inflexible about where e-mails about bug reports get sent, with the
default being to direct things to the maintainer only.  Dumping
everything onto -mentors alleviates things a bit but doesn't entirely
address the issue since it doesn't automatically DTRT when someone mails
the bug asking for a status update.

The BTS is all well and good but it isn't the answer to all our
problems.