Re: some questions about packing

    [Very new DD, so take what I say with a grain of salt.]

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 04:58:34PM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On 07-Dec-2000 Manuel Estrada wrote:
> >  Is there some automated way to keep the .ex files and not include
> > them in the source package?
>
> leave them in the debian/ dir.  They will appear only in the diff.gz.  Beyond
> that, nope.

    My AM objected to my leaving .ex files in the debian/ directory, as did
the sponsor of another DD I talked to.  I agreed with them that the extra
cruft in the diff.gz was not useful, and as Inigo Saitz mentions later in
this thread, the .ex files are in /usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/debian/
anyways.  I'd suggest just removing them.

Rene

--
+ -//-            (Rene Weber is rene_autoreply@elvenlord.com)           -//- +
|       "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything  without       |