Re: some questions about packing

MoiN

Just some additional thoughts...

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 01:32:04AM +0100, Manuel Estrada wrote:
>  Is there some automated way to keep the .ex files and not include
> them in the source package?

Yes. Don't remove the dh-make package, as it keeps the .ex files
in the directory /usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/debian/. Otherwise
you could include them in the debian/ dir, which will not hurt,
too.

> 	-Is there some way to make sure this won't happen with some
> 	 other package I don't have installed? A part from getting the
> 	 Contents file and checking manualy.

Install the package into the archive and wait for bugreports :\
You could also ask the bot "apt" on the openprojects irc network
(channel #debian-bots, /msg apt find /path/to/file) or search the
contents of the latest release on the debian www page. But
downloading the Contents file would be the fastest solution for
checking a couple of files.

    Ingo
--
"Open Source" programs mean software for which the source code is available
without confidential or trade secret restrictions and for which the source code