some questions about packing

 Hello all,

 I am packing visualos, dhid and jslaunch as part of my aplication to
become a debian member and I have some cuestions:

 First, where should I send the ITP message? debian-devel
debian-mentors or both.

 Is there some automated way to keep the .ex files and not include
them in the source package?

 I am having trouble packing jslaunch:

 1) The package contains a file called 'jstest' which is also present
in 'joystick' and a manpage for it. jstest only serves for
configuration of jslaunch.
	-Should I rename jstest to jslaunch_showbuttons and rename and
	 modify the manpage to refer to that name?
	-Should I move jstest to /usr/lib/jslaunch/ and the manpage to
	 /usr/doc/jslaunch?
	-Is there some way to make sure this won't happen with some
	 other package I don't have installed? A part from getting the
	 Contents file and checking manualy.

 2) It doesn't use a pidfile, but it has it's own way of determining
the pid of a running jslaunch with locking.
	-Should I modify it to use a pidfile?
	-Maybe extend start-stop-daemon to find the pid with locking?
	-Simply use its own facility to start and stop it.

 3) It comes with its own init.d script which includes an aditional
parameter.
	-make a new script based on the init.d.ex?
	-remove the aditional parameter and use the original script?
	-simply make sure that start, stop, restart, and force-reload
	 are supported by the original script and use it?

 In case someone wants to take a look at the broken jslaunch package
it is apt-getable at:

deb http://ranty.dhis.org:8000/debian/ unstable/
deb-src http://ranty.dhis.org:8000/debian/ unstable/

 Thanks

	Manuel

	Manuel Estrada

	Ranty@atdot.org
God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, courage to
change the things we can, and wisdom to know the difference.