Re: buildpackage doesn't put compiled files into .deb

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 09:28:47PM -0700, Yves Arrouye wrote:
> > Is anyone on the new-maint guide bit? I wouldn't remember offhand if
> > DH_COMPAT=1 is deprecated for new packages now.
>
> Something that is confusing for maintainers new to debhelper and that use
> dh_make, is that the new maintainer guide documents debian/tmp and dh_make
> sets DH_COMPAT=2. When did that happen BTW? I started packaging things again
> a couple weeks ago, and used dh_make, and had DH_COMPAT set to 1 by dh_make
> at that time. If the change is recent, that explains why things are out of
> synchronization.

Thanks for the validation Yves. I'm very new to the packaging tools and
working directly from the maint-guide documentation.

Also, thanks for the information everyone. It's much more clear what's
going on. I also see that I need to rtf-debhelper-m.