Re: buildpackage doesn't put compiled files into .deb

Aaron Brashears writes:

> I checked the file system, and found that dpkg-buildpackage created
> a debian/bsf (the project name) directory which contains all the
> file that end up in the final .deb file.
>
> What's going on? The maint guide indicates that debian/tmp is
> supposed to be the install directory, but now it looks like it
> should be debian/<project-name>. Can anyone help?

This is a debhelper 1 -> debhelper 2 change. If you're using
DH_COMPAT=2, then you have the correct directory and you should simply
make sure all your files get installed there. If your /deb isn't
building you might have a mix of old and new rules.

Incidentally, some related issues were just being discussed on this
list today, so if you subscribed in order to send this message you may
want to look at the archive.  If you're confused about anything use
debhelper's example rules file as a guide, and read the docs
thoroughly.

Is anyone on the new-maint guide bit? I wouldn't remember offhand if
DH_COMPAT=1 is deprecated for new packages now.

--
There is no TRUTH. There is no REALITY. There is no CONSISTENCY. There
are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS. I'm very probably wrong. -- BSD fortune(6)