New kernel

Hello,

I've installed a new kernel onto my Linux box! Version 2.3.8. (The old one
was 2.2.8.. if I recall correct) Anyway.. the kernel works.. but when I
bootup, and everything is beeing started like SMB, Sendmail, NIC's, etc,
etc, I get lots of messages like this:

/boot/System.map incorrect version.

Anybody know how to solve this problem? The same things happends when
everything is beeing terminated (when I want to reboot)

Thanks,
Rudy

--
Why Linux?
1. In France Linux outsells Windows 98, and it is looking like it may be