WAOT: ZModem

Hello,

This question is WAOT (Way Out Of Topic). But this is my last hope!

I'm running a BBS System on Linux, using DOSEMU! Now, normally when a user
wants to upload or download a file using a modem, the ZModem protocol would
start, and the data would be send to the COM port.

But I've also allowed Telnet users to 'call' my BBS System! But a telnet
'caller' is beeing logged in to the BBS System as a local user! So the BBS
System writes to the screen, instead of to a COM port.

Now the problem is, that if someone wants to download or upload a file, he
won't be able to use the ZModem protocol, because the ZModem protocol can't
write his data to the screen. (Normally, that would be useless).

Now my question is, is there any way I can let DOSEMU know that the telnet
'caller' is a modem caller, (so that I can set DOSEMU.CONF to emulate COM1
as /dev/ttySx)

Or is there a Linux or DOS ZModem that can write to the screen?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Rudy Broersma

Mortal Obligation sysop!
--
Why Linux?
1. In France Linux outsells Windows 98, and it is looking like it may be