Re: Multiple binaries => multiple packages ?

On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 09:51:51PM -0400, Gopal Narayanan wrote:
> > Well, potato is GLIBC 2.1. You don't really need to support anything else,
> > so only two packages (686-optimised and non-optimised).
> >
> > Note that the gnulibc1 is NOT for libc2.0 as you have above -- it is
> > for libc5. I think they should provide a glibc 2.0 (libc6.0) binary
> > as well, but they don't. My slink system is running the libc5 binary
> > because I don't want to upgrade to potato yet.

Me too, on several production machines.

> I haven't upgraded to potato either. Is there a machine that is
> running potato that developers could use to test glibc 2.1 related
> packages?

Yes, pandora.debian.org is runs fairly recent unstable snapshot.
There is a web page under http://www.debian.org/devel/ that lists
all machines for developers, with this kind of information included.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name