Multiple binaries => multiple packages ?

I am packaging an install wrapper for the SETI@Home client. It will go
in the contrib/misc section. One of the conditions of the copyright is
that the user has to download the tarball that contains the binaries
directly from the SETI@Home official webpage
(http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/unix.html). There, they have
tarballs for several architectures. Even for the x86-linux
architecture, there are several options available such as:

i386-pc-linux-gnu-gnulibc2.1       : for libc2.1
i386-pc-linux-gnulibc1		   : for libc2.0
i386-pc-linux-gnulibc1-static	   : static 2.0
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gnulibc2.1	   : 686-optimized for 2.1
i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1-static	   : 686-optimized static for 2.0

Now, I did make an install package that would install the binaries
from the tarball that is put either in /tmp or $TMPDIR. My question is
- should I actually make 5 separate packages with different
dependencies or make one package with instructions to download the
correct tarball for their system. With the latter option, obviously if
someone with a slink system were to download the gnulibc2.1 version,
the program won't run. Based on this, it seems to me that I should
make 5 separate wrapper packages, and force dependencies
accordingly. Am I right?

Any help appreciated.

Gopal

Gopal Narayanan                          Ph #: (413) 545 0925
Five College Radio Astronomy Observatory Fax#: (413) 545 4223
University of Massachusetts              e-mail: gopal@fcrao1.phast.umass.edu
Amherst MA 01003