Adopting a package

I've got a feeling I'm missing something really obvious here.  I'd like
to adopt the orphaned mpich package, so I mailed the wnpp.  I first
mailed them a bit over a week ago, but I was a bit confused (I hadn't
properly read the documentation at the top of the page) so I sent
another message earlier this week.  The list appears to have been
updated in the interim, so it seems that someone is looking at the
mailbox.

I haven't heard anything at all back, so I'm wondering if I've been
going about this in completely the wrong way or if I just ought to be
more patient?

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/