Re: Outreachy project: complete workflows of tools

Hi,

On Fri, 5 Mar, 2021, 9:40 pm Tassia Camoes Araujo, <tassia@debian.org> wrote:
Hi all,

On 2021-03-04 16:19, Steffen Möller wrote:
> I am very confident that Tony would be a wonderful mentor. I happily
> help by co- or co-co-mentoring - we had discussed Qiime at the very last
> minutes of our Sprint if I recall correctly.

I'm checking if 3 mentors are possible, and I could help you with all
the
bureaucracy with Outreachy. If not, I think it would make more sense to
have
the two of you as mentors. In any case, I'll be following the process
and
helping informally.

Having 3 mentors is entirely possible out of which one would be primary mentor, and the other would co-mentors(having seen it)

However, to my understanding, the powers of mentors and co-mentors are the same as far as reviews+coordinating with outreachy+filling evaluations goes.
In fact, in the winter outreachy round in 2020, we had "5" mentors for one of the projects
We didn't get any interns finally though, but well that's a different story

> So, with Tony having gone the conda route a while back when our recent
> Debian packages have not yet been existing, I see this as particularly
> valuable for Tássia to both experience and compare.

That's all great!

Now we need to submit an intern project proposal, and deadline is March
11th
(next Thursday).

I'd really want to thank you for putting these efforts! :-)

Nilesh