Aw: Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

> It is showing the length of index finger distal phalanx close to 1ft! (I
> assure that's not the reality!)

:-)

> Can anyone suggest which field it is? (Another point in favor of DICOM,
> but let me sort out the issue with a generic image first.)

Sure, I would first get one image format working well (making sure to avoid
lossless compression). DICOM is mostly "just" a wrapper from more normal
image data, such as JPEG2000 or TIFF.

We can easily convert standard images to DICOM, and only at that point we
would start thinking about study/series/instance issues.

Karsten