Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 12:51:34PM +0100, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> Have you asked the manufacturer for information on using this as a twain device ?

I thought I replied to that. This product's pages open only in German even if I
search on the English site. So could not find where to ask.

For the encouraging words, thanks. I'll keep it up.

As I mentioned the glaring gaps between wireshark and usbmon and quality
issues with the former are disappointing and so is the word length limit
in usbmon.

Next time I take this up, I'd use the binary interface of usbmon to get
more reliable (hopefully) and complete data - probably next weekend.

Also, will try and call ioctl directly in C when experimenting to avoid
any possibility of pyusb doing something wrong (this is not meant to
suspect so, just reducing the layers in between to reduce things that can
possibly hinder something).

Will try and ask on sane mailing lists in the meantime. Thanks for the
suggestion and all other pointers.