Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 12:06:22PM +0530, Sonali Warunjikar wrote:
> Also a wireshark capture (attached, gzipped), a filter 'usb.bus_id == 1
> and usb.device_address == 6' reveals the device in question.
>
> Honestly no clue how I'll make use of all this!
>
> Would appreciate help.

Strangely the endpoint numbers in usbmon and in wireshark mismatch.
Wireshark shows endpoint numbers that are not even shown by lsusb in some
cases. Don't know which ones to trust, probably usbmon as it matches
lsusb, but usbmon truncates all the data.

Wireshark probably has a bug that greys out export format options which
makes it difficult to export all the bytes data. Still managed to get
those out once (something I can't repeat now).

But sending those bytes as it is to the device to begin the interaction
draws either input/output error or requested timed out depending on
whether set_altsettings() was called on the interface or not.

Search for twain on Linux led nowhere. There is a pint sane backend that
is supposed to mimic twain, but that doesn't seem to recognize on
scanimage -L.

Sadly, considering giving up...