Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

Am Sonntag, 13. Dezember 2020, 13:54:22 CET schrieb Sonali Warunjikar:

> On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 12:51:34PM +0100, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> > Have you asked the manufacturer for information on using this as a twain

> > device ?

> I thought I replied to that. This product's pages open only in German even

> if I search on the English site. So could not find where to ask.

> For the encouraging words, thanks. I'll keep it up.

> As I mentioned the glaring gaps between wireshark and usbmon and quality

> issues with the former are disappointing and so is the word length limit

> in usbmon.

> Next time I take this up, I'd use the binary interface of usbmon to get

> more reliable (hopefully) and complete data - probably next weekend.

> Also, will try and call ioctl directly in C when experimenting to avoid

> any possibility of pyusb doing something wrong (this is not meant to

> suspect so, just reducing the layers in between to reduce things that can

> possibly hinder something).

> Will try and ask on sane mailing lists in the meantime. Thanks for the

> suggestion and all other pointers.

I know that all the pointers get overwhelming. What you are looking at is way beyond my expertise.

I was hoping that capturing and replaying usb traffic would get you somewhere.

For what it's worth I found this video on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8isjb4HsS9k

Lots of interesting information on a Kodak 6100.