Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

Am Samstag, 12. Dezember 2020, 06:59:26 CET schrieb Sonali Warunjikar:

> On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 07:22:21PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > http://vusb-analyzer.sourceforge.net/

> Due to pygtk requirement not being met on my ubuntu 20.04 above doesn't

> work. Yes there are quirks to get it to work. But for now I am comfortable

> looking at usbmon also and do some experiments. If they don't work I'll

> get into the quirks.

> Thanks for all the pointers.

Found a presentation that says it is Twain compatible and works with third party applications

https://de.slideshare.net/smokeypike/the-rvg-5200-from-carestream-dental-digital

Does it use a twain driver on Windows ?

Here is a pointer to USB capture and replay.

https://github.com/JohnDMcMaster/usbrply

It has some pointers on how to get you going.

Sample workflow for capturing Windows traffic and replaying traffic in Python:

  • Install Wireshark. Make sure you install the USBPcap library
  • Start Wireshark
  • Connect USB device to computer
  • Start catpure
  • Start your application, do your thing, etc to generate packets
  • Close application
  • Stop capture
  • Save capture. Save in pcap-ng format (either should work)
  • Close Wireshark
  • Run: "usbrply --device-hi -p my.pcapng >replay.py"
  • Linux: run "python replay.py"
  • Verify expected device behavior. Did an LED blink? Did you get expected data back?

Now, that sounds interesting.