Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 05:56:04PM +0100, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> Found a presentation that says it is Twain compatible and works with third party
> applications
>
> https://de.slideshare.net/smokeypike/the-rvg-5200-from-carestream-dental-digital[1]

Yes that is the exact product and this is the biggest hint to get that the
maker is confirming nothing 'nasty' is done in the protocol and a generic
protocol (even though Twain which I think is Windows friendly) would work.

I think I'll first chase this hint, before resuming trying to reverse
engineer the protocol if required.

> Does it use a twain driver on Windows ?

Vendor supplies own driver. Not sure if they wrap twain under it.

> Here is a pointer to USB capture and replay.
>
> https://github.com/JohnDMcMaster/usbrply[2]

Thanks for all the hints. I'll go after twain first and then try other
tools.