Re: /usr/bin/picard Re: bcbio will need another while - needs gatk

On Sun, 15 Nov 2020 at 02:34, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 01:21:05AM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:

> I did have a look earlier today.
> gsort has dependency on unpackaged packages - "
> https://github.com/alexflint/go-arg" and "
> https://github.com/gogetdata/ggd-utils"
>
> and "https://github.com/alexflint/go-arg" has dep on "
> https://github.com/alexflint/go-scalar" - which is again, not in the
> archive.
>
> I however see alexflint/go-scalar packaged in salsa[1], and even uploaded
> but not in the archive and it even has an open ITP[2].
> I've no idea if we should go about uploading this or not.
> I'd need your ACK/advice + sponsorship on this.

I usually seek contact - for instance write to the ITP - and announce
what you will do (for instance that you will ask for sponsored upload in
24 hours) and assume agreement if you do not hear anything.

I replied to the ITP and CC'd both you and Steffen. Please consider uploading this when you have time.
I'm then going ahead with packaging the rest of chain - I hope this is OK?

PS: Simple gbp-buildpackage will not work on this package since this follows new go-style guideline which drops pristine-tar[1]
Hence the way here would be to run origtargz and run pdebuild w/o gbp
You probably knew about this, but I re-iterated just in case you're not used to the new workflow for go-team and this saves your time while building this.
Please consider my best of intentions here.

[1]: https://go-team.pages.debian.net/workflow-changes.html#wf-2017-11-pristine-tar

Nilesh