Re: /usr/bin/picard Re: bcbio will need another while - needs gatk

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 01:21:05AM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:

> I did have a look earlier today.
> gsort has dependency on unpackaged packages - "
> https://github.com/alexflint/go-arg"; and "
> https://github.com/gogetdata/ggd-utils";
>
> and "https://github.com/alexflint/go-arg"; has dep on "
> https://github.com/alexflint/go-scalar"; - which is again, not in the
> archive.
>
> I however see alexflint/go-scalar packaged in salsa[1], and even uploaded
> but not in the archive and it even has an open ITP[2].
> I've no idea if we should go about uploading this or not.
> I'd need your ACK/advice + sponsorship on this.

I usually seek contact - for instance write to the ITP - and announce
what you will do (for instance that you will ask for sponsored upload in
24 hours) and assume agreement if you do not hear anything.

> PS: I tried contacting its original Uploader Balasankar C. on IRC, since
> he's kind of active around a few rooms we have in common but I didn't get a
> response from them yet.

Getting no response might happen but this should not stop progress.