Re: /usr/bin/picard Re: bcbio will need another while - needs gatk

Hi Andreas and Steffen

On Sun, 15 Nov 2020 at 00:49, Steffen Möller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Should we have someone among us for who packaging go-based software
>> feels like easy then the newly surfaced https://github.com/brentp/gsort
>> would be nice.
> Nilesh did so several times.
Wow! @Nilesh, please have a look.

I did have a look earlier today.
gsort has dependency on unpackaged packages - "https://github.com/alexflint/go-arg" and "https://github.com/gogetdata/ggd-utils"

and "https://github.com/alexflint/go-arg" has dep on "https://github.com/alexflint/go-scalar" - which is again, not in the archive.

I however see alexflint/go-scalar packaged in salsa[1], and even uploaded but not in the archive and it even has an open ITP[2].
I've no idea if we should go about uploading this or not.
I'd need your ACK/advice + sponsorship on this.

PS: I tried contacting its original Uploader Balasankar C. on IRC, since he's kind of active around a few rooms we have in common but I didn't get a response from them yet.

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-alexflint-go-scalar
[2]: http://bugs.debian.org/926079

Nilesh