Re: [MoM] ampl-netlib-solvers

Hi Andreas,

On 10/5/20 11:05 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Andrei,

On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 10:01:05PM +0200, Andrei Rozanski wrote:
should be fixed.
Yep.

W: gjh-asl-json: initial-upload-closes-no-bugs

That would be the ITP bug.
Will work on it.
OK.

W: gjh-asl-json: no-manual-page usr/bin/gjh_asl_json

You might consider using help2man to create a manpage.
I would not require this for sponsoring - but it somehow would
be considered a complete package if a manpage is included.
Here I am a bit puzzled.

I have made some changes:

https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/gjh-asl-json/-/blob/master/debian/patches/fix-makefile-lib.patch#L25

https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/gjh-asl-json/-/blob/master/debian/patches/fix-makefile-lib.patch#L27
Got it. Thanks!
I've seen these patches.  Regarding the lintian warning remaining:
Well, sometimes there are false positives.  I think we can ignore these.
However, I enhanced your patch.  It is more flexible to rely on the
variables rather than hardcoding (for instance for cross building or
things like this).

I have seen that gjh_asl_json has a tests directory https://github.com/ghackebeil/gjh_asl_json/tree/master/tests

However, seeing the example of trf https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/trf/-/blob/master/debian/control I may need to install the tests files

in a separate way as well?

I forgot one issue:  debian/tests contains just the non-working
template.  While it would be great if you could find a test if
you don't we should remove that template.

Thanks!

Best,

AndreiR