Re: [MoM] ampl-netlib-solvers

Hi Andrei,

On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 07:20:29AM +0200, Andrei Rozanski wrote:

> Thanks for the hint. Now the package builds successfully. Would it be
> possible for you to check it?

Sure. :-)

I reverted the targer distribution from "unstable" to "UNRELEASED".
Please leave this untouched until a real upload will be done.  This at
least would require an ITP bug for this package.

Here are some lintian issues that are worth fixing:

$ lintian gjh-asl-json_0.0+git20180428.eb8720e-1_amd64.changes
W: gjh-asl-json-dbgsym: debug-file-with-no-debug-symbols usr/lib/debug/.build-id/c8/74f359971427c935040188b2ea6b388213a9aa.debug

This reminds me about the dh_dwz issue:  Please patch the Makefile to
respect CFLAGS set by debhelper.  This includes '-g' which adds debug
symbols and most probably dh_dwz will work afterwards.

W: gjh-asl-json: description-synopsis-starts-with-article

This corresponds to

Please read again about the description in the developers reference.  It
should be no complete sentence.

W: gjh-asl-json: initial-upload-closes-no-bugs

That would be the ITP bug.

W: gjh-asl-json: no-manual-page usr/bin/gjh_asl_json

You might consider using help2man to create a manpage.
I would not require this for sponsoring - but it somehow would
be considered a complete package if a manpage is included.

I: gjh-asl-json: hardening-no-bindnow usr/bin/gjh_asl_json
I: gjh-asl-json: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/bin/gjh_asl_json

Please uncomment the hardening option in d/rules.  Besides the
CFLAGS I recommended to propagate to the gcc-call you also need
to pass LDFLAGS.

Please feel free to ask if any hint was not helpful enough
to solve the regarding issue.