Re: [MoM] ampl-netlib-solvers

Hi Andreas,

On 10/4/20 8:46 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Andrei,

On Sat, Oct 03, 2020 at 04:11:58PM +0200, Andrei Rozanski wrote:
I have created the ITP bug for libamplsolver.
Thanks! :)
I've seen this and uploaded libamplsolver.  Congratulations to your
first package in new. :-)
Also, debuild for gjh-asl-json
(https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/gjh-asl-json) finishes ok now.

The binary gjh_asl_json still needs to be properly installed and for that I
would like to ask for your help.

Thanks for the fix. I have created an issue : https://github.com/ghackebeil/gjh_asl_json/issues

I've fixed d/watch to feature git mode since upstream has not tagged any
release.  BTW, also in this case libsmithwaterman could serve as an
example.  Now the watch file gets automatically the latest upstream
commit.  Your "homework" might be to open an issue upstream to ask for
release tags.  (See comment in watch file of libsmithwaterman how to do
this.)
Done.
Regarding the installation of gjh_asl_json you should just mention the
binary in a debian/install file.

I have tried to fix the issues. However, during build, there is one error that I dont know how to deal with:

```

   dh_auto_test
   create-stamp debian/debhelper-build-stamp
   dh_testroot
   dh_prep
   dh_auto_install
   dh_install
   dh_installdocs
   dh_installchangelogs
   dh_perl
   dh_link
   dh_strip_nondeterminism
   dh_compress
   dh_fixperms
   dh_missing
   dh_dwz
dh_dwz: dwz -q -- debian/gjh-asl-json/usr/bin/gjh_asl_json returned exit code 1
make: *** [debian/rules:21: binary] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary subprocess returned exit status 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1182:
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -ui failed
```

BTW, there are also remaining lintian issues about the description.
Please try to fix these.

Thanks!

Best

AndreiR