Re: RFS paml - fixed #957659

Hi Julien,

Julien Yann Dutheil, on 2020-05-11 11:00:31 +0200:
> Got a reply from Ziheng Yang, the author of PAML. He said he will include
> the suggested changes upstream.

Great!  Thank you!

> PS: does this solve the issue or is there anything else I should do :s ?

I would be tempted to think that the issue is solved, both in
Debian and on upstream side.  Next update of PAML will most
likely include the correction, and the current patch on Debian
side will not apply anymore and will be simply dropped, which is
a good thing.

If you wish and your patch forwarding has been archived at some
public place, reading the DEP3[1], the URL could be used for
filling a "Bug:" field in the patch's metadata[2].  But if the
exchange occured on a private channel, I don't believe it is an
issue either: I tend to think the important thing is that the
upstream author has been made aware of the issue, and been
provided with the patch to mitigate it.

[1] https://dep-team.pages.debian.net/deps/dep3/
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/paml/-/blob/master/debian/patches/gcc10.patch

Have a nice day  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d