Re: RFS paml - fixed #957659

Hi,

For once, maybe I can be of some help there. I shall be able to reach the author of PAML directly... shall I give it a try?

Julien.

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 8:31 PM Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org> wrote:
Hi Michael,

Michael Crusoe, on 2020-05-09 19:48:06 +0200:
> On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 2:27 PM Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Good day,
> >

> > I have not forwarded the patch for the moment, since reporting
> > bugs requires posting in a Google Group that forbids contact
> > through email, and I have no Google account for the moment, at
> > least none usable to my knowledge.  :(
> >

> Feel free to use me as a mail forwarder :-)

Good point!  That's one of the good things about being part of a
team of course!  :)

Please, if you, or anyone else in the team having a Google
account, would be kind enough to forward the patch against
src/paml.h fixing #957659[0], available both here[1] and in
attachment, and which follows GNU recommendation toward using
"extern" statements for globals in use in multiple files when
moving to Gcc 10[2], to the Google Group related to the PAML
software[3], then that would be really nice.  :)

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=957659
[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/paml/-/blob/master/debian/patches/gcc10.patch
[2] https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-10/porting_to.html
[3] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/pamlsoftware

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d

--
Julien Y. Dutheil, Ph-D
0 (+49) 4522 763 298

§ Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology
Molecular Systems Evolution
Department of Evolutionary Genetics
Plön -- GERMANY

§ Institute of Evolutionary Sciences - Montpellier
University of Montpellier 2 -- FRANCE