Re: RFS paml - fixed #957659

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2020-05-09 18:44:40 +0200:
> On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 04:35:16PM +0200, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> > > IMHO if upstream makes it very hard to be contacted our effort
> > > we should do should not be exagerated.
> >
> > I'm not entirely sure I understood your opinion, but if there
> > are more projects requiring a Google Account to contact
> > upstream, then I'll probably reconsider getting one.
>
> I intended to say that upstream should not require people to
> create any account if they are interested in feedback.
>
> > After all, there are so many projects on Github today, that I
> > ended up opening an account last month just to allow myself
> > interacting with upstream.  It seems to have been a good move
> > given the positive reactions I received on that side so far.  :)
>
> Github is quite an important development platform and our BTS is
> checking Github issues if the forward property is set accordingly.  Here
> it makes more sense than subscribing a Google list which will spam you
> with noise.

Thank you for your clarification, and the warning about Google
lists.  It is unfortunate but sound ; and I guess if upstream
wishes to not be contacted in conventional way, this should be
respected as well.

So it looks like the situation is fair enough as is I guess.
Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d