Re: COVID-19 Biohackathon April 5-11 2020

Hi,

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020, 23:50 Andreas Tille, <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 08:25:02AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> We now have
>
>    https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/covid-19

Is there any volunteer who can add more of our packages here?  Steffen
was talking about lots of packages he had in mind to get bcbio ready.
Steffen, can you please add links at least as comments into the covid-19
task.  I'd volunteer to add rough packaging skeletons at least to make
them showing up at our tasks page which is currently pretty weak.

Please always remember: I'm **NOT** a medical expert - I'm weak in
deciding what is helpful and what is not.  We need your support - just
an e-mail here would be helpful!

I'm not sure if what I'm suggesting here is useful - but can we consider packaging bioconda, or its dependencies?
I'm not from medical background, but just wanted to give in a suggestion.
Apologies is that does not sound good.

> > > Great, how to do this? Do we spam BTS with user tags, or is there a way to
> > > get all bugs for a list of packages?
> >
> > We just have it after next cron job at
> >
> >    https://blends.debian.org/med/bugs/
>
> No idea why the bugs page does not yet exist but I'll check later.

That's fixed.  The whole bugs pages generation was broken and is updated
now again.

> Its now time to feed actual packages into
>
>   https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/med/-/blob/master/tasks/covid-19

Please, pretty please give hints here!

> We can think about how to speed up package propagation once a package is
> on that page and is really not processed.

I had a private mail exchange with a member of the ftpteam.  He has
confirmed my suspicion that we can rely on them if its needed but
general blaming that new queue processing is an issue is not helpful at
all and I consider it a very good idea if we don't do this.

I was just wondering if we can, may be we can upload packages to fasttrack.debian.net as well?
That would speed up the process.
Again, apologies if that doesn't sound good enough.

Regards,
Nilesh