Re: [MoM] FAST progress (was Re: [MoM] fast: Add further dependencies to enable chroot / cowbuilder to build)

Hello Andreas,

Extending my previously sent message.

>> Testing with opengl is always a nuisance.  Even with emulation this
>> tends to fail unfortunately.  But you might like to try and we'll see
>> how it might turn out.
>
> I'll let you know how this goes. This is currently taking the most time
> for the packaging as opengl seems to be a real pain from past
> experience. Probably the VM factor doesn't help it as maybe there is
> some more abstraction. Assuming autopkgtest is also ran on debian
> servers, I wonder if this issue is still present.

Just as I anticipated, it looks like it will not work as I use
virtualbox and debian is essentially virtualised. So not only can I not
passthrough the host GPU, I am unable to use any drivers which means
that the error I get even when running any of the fast-examples binaries
(apart from OpenIGTLinkServer) is "what(): clGetPlatformIDs", which is
verified by running "clinfo" which returns 0 as the number of platforms
- it seems like I have hit a dead end unless there is some work around
which I have my doubts in.

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust