Re: [MoM] FAST progress (was Re: [MoM] fast: Add further dependencies to enable chroot / cowbuilder to build)

Hello Andreas,

> Ahhh, that really saves time.  I had an extremely busy weekend -
> otherwise I would have answered before.

No problem. At least I prevented you from answering an old question :).

> The symbols file changes are really strange.  I was running again in a
> diff.  I have not commited my changes yet but for the moment I have
> deactivated the symbols file since it seems we are playing diff - patch
> ping-pong for no good reason.

I haven't seen this happen with other libraries so it is strange.
Perhaps our environments are different in some way? It still shouldn't
matter though as the library itself is one version and not changing.

> I admit I have never seen this.  D-shlibs enforces
>     (= ${binary:Version})
> and this should be there.  Your.  May be your change was needed once
> the package was arch: all ?

You're correct. I changed the depends before I realised the arch was
incorrect, and as usual I forgot to backtrack and undo my change to
depends. I've just pushed this change.

> Testing with opengl is always a nuisance.  Even with emulation this
> tends to fail unfortunately.  But you might like to try and we'll see
> how it might turn out.

I'll let you know how this goes. This is currently taking the most time
for the packaging as opengl seems to be a real pain from past
experience. Probably the VM factor doesn't help it as maybe there is
some more abstraction. Assuming autopkgtest is also ran on debian
servers, I wonder if this issue is still present.

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust