Re: [MoM] FAST progress (was Re: [MoM] fast: Add further dependencies to enable chroot / cowbuilder to build)

Hi Shayan,

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 09:09:29PM +0100, Shayan Doust wrote:
> Just to extend the previous email.
>
> I created another fresh environment and even used pbuilder and the
> results are the same, that the build succeeds.

Something which is really strange is that dh_makeshlibs created a diff
for the symbols file.  I applied that diff and started a rebuild - no
idea why this is happening.

I also switched the packaging to d-shlibs a I promised.  The good thing
is that it enforces library packaging policy and thus I was able to spot
missing "Section" fields in the control file.

Warning: I've commited despite my build did not finished but I wanted
to push the d-shlibs change soon to get you informed.

> Additionally, I have attempted to disable RPATH during the build but the
> error and RPATH still exist, so I am not too sure. If a solution isn't
> reached, I will write to debian mentors like you have mentioned. I'm not
> sure if I can just use dpkg-shlibdeps -l<lib> for each executable but
> this seems like a fair bit of pain to do for all the libraries and
> executables that exist and are compiled.

I'll test this later.

> Many thanks for looking into this & regards,

I promised support - specifically when you are tackling such a huge
beast. ;-)