Re: Outreachy current

Dear Saira,

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 10:06:47AM +0000, Saira Hussain wrote:
> Is the best way to do everything for the internship (or general developing)
> using a VM so that it is containerised and safe?

In principle there is no reason to use a VM to develop Debian packages.
I'm personally running Debian on all machines I control.  The only
reason for me to once setup a VM was to install Debian with kernel
freebds to check some bug that happened in the freebsd flavour of
Debian.  In short: No, a VM is not the best way - its an appropriate
workaround if you have no easy access to a running Debian system.

> Plus currently I am running
> a different distro (ups I shouldn't mention that on a Debian mailing list!) :)

Ohoh, now you are banned from the list! ;-)
Honestly, we are open for everybody.  There were several people who are
running even non-free operating systems on their machines.  Its usually
not very successful to ask for help on non-Debian systems here - but you
are free to run your hardware with whatever you like.

> Although asking about that I saw the Luibov's Vagrant which looks super awesome!

Please excuse my ignorance but what is Vagrant?

> Thanks a lot for your help

You are welcome