Re: Outreachy current

Hi Liubov,

thanks a lot for your comments.  I have no idea whether there is some
point in making you an official co-mentor but if you see some advantage
for you in adding you officially that would be perfectly fine for me.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 10:43:43AM +0100, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:
> But in case there are other unreleased changes in the package (for example,
> you have added new test data), as Andreas mentioned already, you may need
> pbuilder or sbuild to build packages in a chroot environment and then to
> run tests. I am using sbuild, so I put a couple of useful links below
> related to sbuild [2][3].

Regarding sbuild:  It is used on Debian autobuilders and by several
developers.  I personally never managed to set it up properly (obviously
Liubov was more successfully than me ;-) ).  You can alternatively use
pbuilder (which also builds a package in a chroot environment.  For your
specific purpose I also do not see any harm if you build your private
packages using debuild from devscripts (which is faster but might
include installing lots of Build-Depends on your local machine which you
do not want.  In short: Try to follow Liubov's hints.  In case you might
run into trouble there are alternatives to get you up and running
quickly.

> If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks a lot for your help

     Andreas.