Re: Hmmer2 fork / enhancements

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 06:26:23PM -0500, jrmarsha wrote:
> I considered tweaking the autotools stuff, but there was no Windows or OSX
> support.  What was there are for mostly or entirely dead OS lineages.

Autotools is not only about OSes it is also about architectures and
Debian supports several architectures.

> Is
> there something I could do to re-enable general static library building that
> isn't just throwing in `ar`?

I tried this patch

   https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/hmmer2/blob/master/debian/patches/static_lib.patch

but it did not worked.

> I've merged in your patches to my upstream.  But, I can't build it because
> biosquid isn't a thing.

YOu should probably not apply this patch.  It is Debian specific.

> I'll get to adding that to the AUR tonight, and I'd
> be very appreciative if you could re-run builds and unit tests to make sure
> everything is still OK.

I'm not fully sure what you want me to test.  As I said please do not
accept the biosquid patch.  If you find a way to create static and
shared lib *without effort* that would be nice but not really required.