Re: Hmmer2 fork / enhancements (Was: Is my post making it to the mailing list?)

Hello Joshua,

I would be much of a fan to see interpro-scan redistributed with Debian. Andreas' concern is that nobody understands what happened. We have Hammer2 in our distribution https://packages.debian.org/sid/hmmer2 and if your work is plain compatible then I don't see why it should not substitute it.  Is there a way to keep hmmer2-pvm? There are not too many on https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=hmmer2 using it but I would not want to ruin established services anywhere with an apt-get update.

Best,

Steffen