Re: Bio-Linux vs Debian-Med package lists [update]

On 11/03/18 13:28, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> it would be nice if you could add some clarifying comments to some
> question marks I added to the list.  Meanwhile I ITPed and uploaded the
> missing R packages - at least those than can be packaged for licensing
> reasons.  If I do not hear from you I will soon remove those packages
> from the list that are obvious false positives.

Hi, Andreas.

I compared the Bio-Linux 'master' list of packages added to Ubuntu in
the Bio-Linux .iso with your Debian-Med/Bio* tasks. The false positives
appear to be packages installed from the main Ubuntu/Debian repositories
and are not part of your Debian-Med/Bio* tasks e.g. bioperl-run:

> ajt@beluga:~$ apt-cache policy bioperl-run
> bioperl-run:
>   Installed: 1.6.9-2
>   Candidate: 1.6.9-2
>   Version table:
>  *** 1.6.9-2 0
>         500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I'll check your '???' comments and report back here.

Bye,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis@minke-informatics.co.uk