Re: Depends available in other PPA's

On 08/03/18 15:14, Benjamin Redelings wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I'm Ben Redelings (http://ben-redelings.org) and I've recently
> joined debian-med on salsa.  I've been thinking about uploading some new
> phylogenetics / bioinformatics software, partly so that I can tell
> students in workshops "just type sudo apt-get install <packages> if you
> are running debian or ubuntu".
>
>     For this use case, I probably can't tell everyone to run debian
> testing - a lot of people are going to show up running ubuntu.  What
> might you all recommend?  In theory ubuntu people could add debian
> testing to `apt/sources.list.d`. I have no idea how much conflict that
> would cause - perhaps ubuntu users could set the priority of testing to
> something lower than ubuntu in apt/preferences.
>
>     I could also try to make my own PPA called bredelings/bioinformatics
> or something like this, and only maintain packages that I am interested
> in...
>
>     Thoughts?

Hi, BenRI.

You might consider running Bio-Linux:

> https://www.bioinformatics.org/forums/forum.php?forum_id=12786

Bio-Linux is based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and uses many of the packages
contributed by the Debian-Med team.

Please contact me off-list if you want more information about Bio-Linux.

Thanks,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis@minke-informatics.co.uk