Re: Depends available in other PPA's

On 08/03/18 11:37, Andreas Tille wrote:
> [...]
> I admit I personally consider maintaining that PPA a nightmare and I
> personally will not spent any time on it any more (since our the last
> Ubuntu instance of the users I need to care for was replaced by a pure
> Debian system).  You really need to expect outdated, unmaintained and
> untested software in this PPA and I wonder whether we should really
> advertise it if nobody really cares.  And sorry, no, I do not consider
> uploads of random packages at the latest sprint "real care" if there
> is no bugtracker support, no testing, etc. done.

Hi, Andreas.

OK, if everyone agrees that this PPA is now redundant I'll abandon any
attempt to make use of it in Bio-Linux and, from my point of view, the
PPA can be deleted.

> I'm tempted to remove all of my own uploads to a) make more space which
> is obviously needed and b) do not feel realiable for breaking any users
> system.

At present, the Debian-Med Ubuntu PPA is not used in Bio-Linux 8.0.8.
The only systems that will break if you remove your packages are mine
and I'll fix them. Please go ahead and remove your packages and, if you
think the PPA is now redundant/harmful I think it should be deleted.

Bye,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis@minke-informatics.co.uk