Re: Depends available in other PPA's

Hi,

    I'm Ben Redelings (http://ben-redelings.org) and I've recently joined debian-med on salsa.  I've been thinking about uploading some new phylogenetics / bioinformatics software, partly so that I can tell students in workshops "just type sudo apt-get install <packages> if you are running debian or ubuntu".

    For this use case, I probably can't tell everyone to run debian testing - a lot of people are going to show up running ubuntu.  What might you all recommend?  In theory ubuntu people could add debian testing to `apt/sources.list.d`. I have no idea how much conflict that would cause - perhaps ubuntu users could set the priority of testing to something lower than ubuntu in apt/preferences.

    I could also try to make my own PPA called bredelings/bioinformatics or something like this, and only maintain packages that I am interested in...

    Thoughts?

-BenRI