Re: [MoM] QuPath (Was: contribution to Med-debian)

Hi Nada,

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 11:54:18AM +0300, Nada Gh wrote:
> Thanks for your kindness :).

You are welcome - its a principle of MoM to make sure not to offend
newcomers. :-)

> I had a doubt before on which files to include.
> Well, I read that packaging should start by locating tarball files. Thus, I
> downloaded the binary tar file.
> Shall I compress all source files and directories in one file?

May be the first thing is to contact upstream to provide official source
tarballs.

> There are also some other files which related to maven, how can I deal with
> them!.

If upstream does not provide a source tarball you should write a
get-orig-source target.  The package template in SVN (see policy how to
check this out) contains an example how to do this.  Its basically
crafting a script debian/get-orig-source.

Just include everything that's needed to build the binaries.