Re: Thanks to Gert and Sascha - other please keep on fixing bugs (Was: Thanks to Sascha for his bug fixing - but we should do more (Was: Strengthening team by fixing other members bugs))

Hi all,

[...]
> #811841 seqan: FTBFS with GCC 6: no match for
>
> - refers to v1.4, AFAIK version 2.0 is already in the archive, so this
> one should probably me closed.

I don't think it is [1]. Anyway, AFAICS SeqAn 2.0 is intended to go into
a separate package seqan2 instead? Some of the recent mails here on this
list seem to indicate that?
The seqan repo in Git has 2.0 already merged into master but not
uploaded yet. Can anybody clarify please?

If there is going to be a new repo for seqan2 because of API changes I
think it might be worth fixing the GCC6 FTBFS in the 'old' (1.4) seqan
package to make sure that important tools depending on 1.4 (such as
bowtie, tophat, ...) stay in testing.
What do you think?

Thanks
Sascha